12 Apr Top 5 Outdoor Adventures in PEI
Don’t let the idea of our gentle island fool you. While peace and serenity is certainly on offer, a visit to PEI is not all about sitting in adirondack chairs and playing music around the campfire.
In fact, we have plenty of outdoor activities to get your blood flowing. So in honour of our friends who have trouble staying still for very long, we’ve compiled a list of our top ways to move your body and get your adrenaline pumping during your Island vacation.
1. Rise & Climb Adventure Park – Located at the Terry Fox Sports Complex in Cornwall, Rise & Climb is an aerial adventure park—AKA a high ropes course. From 600-foot long tandem zip lines to outdoor laser tag (at their sister location), the whole family will have a ball experiencing the great outdoors while being suspended upwards of 40 feet off the ground.
2. Robinson’s Island Trail (Parks Canada) – Prince Edward Island National Park has introduced the Robinson’s Island Trail System. The 5-kilometre trail is multi-use, however, it was designed with mountain bikers in mind and features 12 technical trail challenges located in spurs that break off of the main trail. The trail then ends at a beautiful secluded beach, which makes for the perfect place to rest and enjoy a picnic by the ocean.
3. By-the-Sea Kayaking – Located in the picturesque seaport village of Victoria-by-the-Sea, By-The-Sea Kayaking has been offering paddling tours for well over a decade. It’s a wonderful way to get some exercise while exploring the waterways of the south shore with your family and friends. You can even enhance your kayaking outing with a clam digging experience and then cook up your own clam dig back on land. Now that’s what we call a win-win!
4. Cross-Fire Adventure Paintball – Not for the faint-of-heart, a day at PEI’s biggest paintball park will surely bring out your competitive nature. Complete with eight large fields, over 60 scale buildings and authentic military vehicles, a wooded hilltop fortress, below ground trenches, a fuel depot, D-Day beach, a 80’s bridge (and more), there’s definitely fun on offer for both for seasoned veterans and first time players.
5. Experience PEI – To be sure, a unique experience awaits with this award-winning tour company who provide an amazing range of unique experiential activities on PEI. Whether it’s helping to train a falcon, “owning” a racehorse for an evening or herding a flock of sheep, they have all kinds of cool experiences to suit every taste, preference and thrill-level.