12 Apr 7 Unique Places to Stay in PEI
Cool & cozy accommodations that will make your heart swoon
Whether you’re planning a visit to PEI or simply dreaming of dipping your toes in our sandy shores, it’s always a good idea to explore (and fantasize) where you might lay your head. Hey, you never know when the opportunity to come to our fair Isle might present itself. You’ll need to be ready.
And call us biased, but we’re pretty sure we have some of the coolest places to stay on the East Coast of Canada. From cozy accommodations nestled amongst the pine trees to dreamy cottages overlooking the sea, you’re bound to find the right spot just for you.
1. The Barachois Inn – Located in Rustico, The Barachois Inn is one of Prince Edward Island’s definitive five-star country inns. From traditional Victorian rooms to luxury suites, this authentic 1880 heritage home features rich antiques, stunning views, and genuine hospitality you won’t find in just any ol’ hotel.
2. oTENTiks – A cross between an A-frame cottage and a tent, oTENTiks are located in the PEI National Park (both Cavendish and Stanhope campgrounds), and offer the chance to camp in the great outdoors without the pains of sleeping on the ground—or lugging all the gear.
3. Briarcliffe Inn – Sitting on three-acres of countryside, this 100-year-old farmhouse is an award-winning Bed and Breakfast in Bedeque. With nearby woods and gardens to explore, and just a short walk to Salutation Cove, it’s the perfect place to rest easy and enjoy the great outdoors during your Island getaway.
4. Anne’s Windy Poplars – Surrounded by mature trees and sprawling lawns, Anne’s Windy Poplars is tucked just minutes away from the heart of Cavendish. With their luxurious 4 and 4.5 star cottages featuring whirlpool baths, fireplaces and private outdoor hot tubs, it’s a place you’ll want to rebook ASAP.
5. Shaw’s Hotel & Restaurant – Dating back to 1860, Shaw’s Hotel is Canada’s oldest family-operated inn. Located in beautiful Brackley Beach, it has a main lodge consisting of nine rooms and small suites, as well as 25 individual cottages just right for couples or families looking for a relaxing home base for their Island adventures.
6. Coastal Living Cottages – Situated in Chelton (15 minutes from Summerside), this new four-star waterfront rental properties has the best of both worlds: white sandy beaches to the right and rugged red cliffs to the left. Sleeping up to six people, it’s an ideal spot for beachcombing, evenings around the bonfire and watching the sun set.
7. Anchor ‘n Plough Country Home – Live the life in picturesque French River. Owned by a descendant of a lighthouse keeper, this charming home sleeps up to six people and has beautiful views of the river. It’s also nestled on a quiet road surrounded by trees, and make for the perfect place unwind while exploring the rest of central PEI.