28 Mar 10 Reasons Why We Love Spring in Central PEI
The days become longer, the sun shines more often, snow starts to melt, and tulips begin to bloom. Spring is a such cheery time to be on Prince Edward Island. Although Islanders are friendly and welcoming all year, everyone seems to have a little extra happiness and energy when that spring sun is shining. Here are 10 reasons why we love spring in Central Prince Edward Island:
- Great Accommodation Deals -Spring is the perfect time of year to visit the Island or have a little stay-cation getaway. Many accommodations in Central PEI offer discounted rates in the spring months! Fairways Cottages, Barachois Inn, and The Gables of PEI are a few charming places to stay. See here for more accommodations open in Central PEI in the spring.
- Baby goats– Yes you read that right. Who doesn’t love snuggling baby farm animals? Island Hill Farm has the cutest baby goats that were just born this spring! You can also book bottle feeding at the farm and meet the adorable animals!
- Chocolate–Jane & Sue Chocolates creates the prettiest spring-time chocolates! And their chocolate hand-painted Easter eggs are just amazing!
- Local Theatre–The Watermark Theatre in North Rustico is hosting the second Annual Watermark Children’s Theatre Festival this spring! Birds of a Feather by Robert Watson, produced by Neptune Theatre of Halifax, will be playing from March 31st to April 2nd, 2023, and What If by Katey Hoffman, produced by Geordie Theatre of Montreal will be playing from April 14th to 16th, 2023.
- Setting Day! We are ready for all that local fresh lobster! Be sure to watch our social and the local PEI news to find out when Setting Day will be this May.
- Green Gables Heritage Place opens up! We are so excited for Anne’s house to open after a long winter! Beginning in May, the Green Gables Heritage Place is open every day from 9-5pm!
- Trails-We all get excited about warmer weather here on Prince Edward Island. With the rising temps, we want to spend as much time outside as possible. Bonshaw Provincial Parks, Strathgartney Provincial Parks, PEI National Park, and the Confederation Trail are just a few of the great trails to hike in spring. We wouldn’t recommend wearing your white shoes though–the trails can be a little muddy at this time of year!
- Golf-Time to dust off the golf clubs! Here is a list of golf courses that are open in Central PEI this spring.
- Restaurants– Many of the Island’s seasonal restaurants open up in the spring! The Landmark Cafe in Victoria is open in April. The Dunes Studio Gallery & Cafe, Fisherman’s Wharf Lobster Suppers and The PEI Preserve Company open in May as well. C & B Corner Cafe in Kensington is also a great place to grab lunch.
- The Charlottetown Farmer’s Market-It doesn’t get much better than a Saturday Spring morning at the Charlottetown Farmer’s Market. Vendors and artisans offer local food, artwork, drinks, and produce for sale. Many of the vendors grow right here in Central PEI. It’s the most authentic PEI food and culture experience you can get!